Wednesday, November 2, 2011


Her comfort.

There is something comforting about the Night Sky.

And the way she tolerates my laying down and staring up at her for hours.
The way she spellbinds me, entrancing me in her features,
Leaving me lost in all her beauty.
The way her lustrous beauty mark shines down on me,
lighting up the world’s blackness,
lighting up my darkness.

There is something in the way she comes out to meet me,
and willingly anticipates my arrival.
In the way she listens to my secrets,
and tucks them away under her blanket,
for eternity.

It is in the way she casts her light on all the lurking shadows,
so that I can fall asleep under her eyes only.
It is in the way her black arms wrap around me,
Her white freckles reflect upon me.

There is something comforting about the Night Sky.
It is in the way her tears shoot across her face,
and in the way she catches mine when they’re falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment